Thursday, December 22, 2011

Week 2

December 21st 2011:
Parked the car yesterday because I was loosing brake fluid. So today I walk out and see a puddle of brake fluid around the rear drivers side tire. I discovered to pull the drum off you must unbolt the wheel axle. No big deal except it was tight as hell. Breaker bar and a few bounces on it and  I was rebuilding the brake cylinder. I didn't stop to think maybe I should take pictures of it, but it was a greasy mess of soapy water, degreaser, and carb cleaner.

Got all the blinkers working for real this time. I had forgotten to plug one of them into the harness and a rear bulb needed replaced because of corrosion. With that done, I re-gapped the spark plugs from 0.038 to 0.065 since I have super ignition now. The car starts with almost no choke now when cold, runs stronger when cold, and has a lot more power and no more hesitation when warmed up.

Finally did some more clean up of the old paint with some cut and buff compound on the passenger side. I still need to fix the hood and buff the hood, trunk, and drivers side. Great running car, if I can keep brake fluid in it, it would be completely reliable.


No comments:

Post a Comment